My fellow seeker at Truthbomb recently made An Argument from Inherent Value for God's Existence.
- Humans are self-aware and make moral decisions, therefore humans transcend the material universe.
- An eternal, ultimate person transcends the material universe and bestows self-consciousness and moral agency on human bodies.These seem superstitious for several reasons:
- The first claim is a non-sequitur (and vague)
- Violate Ockham's Razor
- make no predictions
- lack objective, repeatable evidence
- incoherent – What is the causal connection? How does that ultimate person cause human bodies to have self-consciousness and moral agency? How does it “reach in” and bestow upon our human bodies, specifically? Just by magic?