Thursday, May 26, 2011

Addicted to Audio

I've been listening to a lot of mp3s lately.

My job allows me to listen to several hours of audio almost every day while I work.  It's pretty awesome.

Here are some of the podcasts that I've been listening to:

Apologetics 315 - interviews of Christian apologists
Conversations from the Pale Blue Dot - interviews of philosophers and various professors
DebateGod Audio - debates over the existence of God and effects of religion
Defenders Podcast - podcast of the eminent Christian apologist William Lane Craig
Fallacy Friday - quick training in logic
I Didn't Know That Podcast - Science from a Christian perspective
Logical Fallacies - more training in logic
Logical Fallacies 2 - and more
Please Convince Me - podcast by Christian apologist and homicide detective
Point of Inquiry - interviews of skeptics of God, religion, and the paranormal
Reasonable Doubts - atheist radio show about religious skepticism
Reasonable Faith - interviews of William Lane Craig
Science News Flash - science news commentary from a Christian perspective
The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe - science news commentary from a skeptical perspective
Critical Reasoning for Beginners - Oxford class about proper argumentation

I've also subscribed to audible.com for cheap audio books.

Librivox.org is good for free audio books.

Checking out audio books from the local public library and ripping them to mp3 is also nice.

I consider it almost essential to get an mp3 player that allows you to adjust the playback speed.  That way you can listen to more audio in less time.

Now, I need to find out a good way to convert documents, e.g. PDFs, to audio so that I can listen to them, too.

No comments: